BUY Bakerlok on Drilling Supply Store
Bakerlok® is a superior thread locking compound, commonly used for casing, tubing and drilling joints to prevent accidental detaching of string components during drilling operations.
- Casing O.D. 4-1/2” (in): 10 joints each Bakerlok® kit will lock
- Casing O.D. 5-1/2” (in): 6 joints each Bakerlok® kit will lock
- Casing O.D. 6-1/2” or 7” (in): 4 joints each Bakerlok® kit will lock
- Casing O.D. 7-5/8”, 8-5/8”, or 9-5/8” (in): 3 joints per each Bakerlok® kit
- Casing O.D. 10-3/4”, 11-5/8”, or 13-5/8” (in): 2 joints per each Bakerlok® kit
- Casing O.D. 16” or 20” (in): 1 joint per each Bakerlok®
- One (1) Bakerlok® case contains ten (10) kits
One (1) Bakerlok® kit contains:
- One (1) 8 oz per can of Bakerlok® thread-locking compound
- One (1) Hardener vial
- One (1) Applicator.
- Withstands high breakout torque: (field trials in temperatures ranging from 50 C (122F) through 400 Celsius (752F) at the bottom of the borehole, showed Bakerlok® withstands superior torque loads, than a typical joint with 3-point welding with 2 inch beads.
- Easy Mixing: Bakerlok® thread locking compound is specially formulated to ensure a stable mixing consistency in most operational environments.
- Long "Potlife" after mixing: Special formulation (catalyst and compound) in Bakerlok® insures a "potlife" in excess of one hour; even at high.
- Unchanged by vibration: At 400 C (752F) Bakerlok® treated joint was subjected to a steady breakout torque for 8 hours, white being subjected to continuous Air Hammer vibration. Breakout torque was increased to reach six times the prescribed 3,300ft-lb makeup torque, before the joint finally broke.
- High Lubricity: Tests were conducted using Bakerlok® side by side with API modified thread dope. With the same amount of torque, the Bakerlok® treated joint was cooler, than the joint treated with standard thread dope
- Leak-proof seal: Couplings made up with Bakerlok® thread locking compound, using standard toque, were tested with water pressures in excess of the listed bursting force of the casing, without any signs of leakage.
Customer Reviews 3 item(s)
- Want to know how much temperature that can melt the lock
We have been using this jelly lock on our mud motors in all our drilling applications in Nigeria but during servicing, the bakerlok needs to be melted so as to service the mud motor.
Uncontrolled heat application on the joint can aswell affect out material metallurgical structure and so we want to know how much temperature is needed to melt a typical bakerlocked connection.
- Multi uses
- I found this product is one of the best epoxy I ever found, it works on repairing crack blocks on boat engines, and it saves money and last five years, it fixes fuel tanks made of a types of metals, it also works on glass and the glass will break but bakerlok has to be ground, you can mix it hot for fast curing time.
- Great product
- Good price and always in stock, fast shipping. Highly recommended