BUY Forumlok on Drilling Supply Store
Forumlok® is a superior thread locking compound, commonly used for casing, tubing and drilling joints to prevent accidental detaching of string components during drilling operations.
- Casing O.D. 4-1/2” (in): 10 joints each Forumlok® kit will lock
- Casing O.D. 5-1/2” (in): 6 joints each Forumlok® kit will lock
- Casing O.D. 6-1/2” or 7” (in): 4 joints each Forumlok® kit will lock
- Casing O.D. 7-5/8”, 8-5/8”, or 9-5/8” (in): 3 joints per each Forumlok® kit
- Casing O.D. 10-3/4”, 11-5/8”, or 13-5/8” (in): 2 joints per each Forumlok® kit
- Casing O.D. 16” or 20” (in): 1 joint per each Forumlok®
- One (1) Forumlok® case contains ten (10) kits
One (1) Forumlok® kit contains:
- One (1) 8 oz per can of Forumlok® thread-locking compound
- One (1) Hardener vial
- One (1) Applicator.
- Withstands high breakout torque: (field trials in temperatures ranging from 50 C (122F) through 400 Celsius (752F) at the bottom of the borehole, showed Forumlok® withstands superior torque loads, than a typical joint with 3-point welding with 2 inch beads.
- Easy Mixing: Forumlok® thread locking compound is specially formulated to ensure a stable mixing consistency in most operational environments.
- Long "Potlife" after mixing: Special formulation (catalyst and compound) in Forumlok® insures a "potlife" in excess of one hour; even at high.
- Unchanged by vibration: At 400 C (752F) Forumlok® treated joint was subjected to a steady breakout torque for 8 hours, white being subjected to continuous Air Hammer vibration. Breakout torque was increased to reach six times the prescribed 3,300ft-lb makeup torque, before the joint finally broke.
- High Lubricity: Tests were conducted using Forumlok® side by side with API modified thread dope. With the same amount of torque, the Forumlok® treated joint was cooler, than the joint treated with standard thread dope
- Leak-proof seal: Couplings made up with Forumlok® thread locking compound, using standard toque, were tested with water pressures in excess of the listed bursting force of the casing, without any signs of leakage.