BUY Bakerlok on Drilling Supply Store
Bakerlok® is a superior thread locking compound, commonly used for casing, tubing and drilling joints to prevent accidental detaching of string components during drilling operations.
- Casing O.D. 4-1/2” (in): 10 joints each Bakerlok® kit will lock
- Casing O.D. 5-1/2” (in): 6 joints each Bakerlok® kit will lock
- Casing O.D. 6-1/2” or 7” (in): 4 joints each Bakerlok® kit will lock
- Casing O.D. 7-5/8”, 8-5/8”, or 9-5/8” (in): 3 joints per each Bakerlok® kit
- Casing O.D. 10-3/4”, 11-5/8”, or 13-5/8” (in): 2 joints per each Bakerlok® kit
- Casing O.D. 16” or 20” (in): 1 joint per each Bakerlok®
- One (1) Bakerlok® case contains ten (10) kits
One (1) Bakerlok® kit contains:
- One (1) 8 oz per can of Bakerlok® thread-locking compound
- One (1) Hardener vial
- One (1) Applicator.
- WITHSTANDING HIGH BREAKOUT TORQUE: Tests under bottom hole temperatures ranging from 50° through 400° F showed Bakerlok withstood greater torque than a standard joint welded in three places with 2 inch beads.
- CORROSION RESISTANT: Five different samples of Bakerlok covered steel and underwent a 96 hour ASTM and salt spray test. The result: no visible change in Bakerlok; no acceleration of the normal corrosion rate on the five samples of steel.
- UNAFFECTED BY LOW TEMPERATURE STORAGE: Bakerlok was stored at -50° F and then thawed, mixed, applied, cured and tested for breakout torque. No detrimental effects due to freezing were detected.
- UNAFFECTED BY VIBRATION: At 400° F Forumlok was subjected to a steady breakout torque for 8 hours while under continuous vibration from a 6 pound air hammer. Breakout torque was increased until six times the 3,300 ft-lb makeup torque finally broke the joint.
- HIGH LUBRICITY: Tests were made using Bakerlok on one side of a standard coupling and API Modified Thread Dope on the other. Identical pin threads were made up into the coupling. For the same amount of torque, the joint with Forumlok made up further and was cooler than the joint lubricated with standard thread dope. Bakerlok has a 1.18 Friction Factor/Torque Factor.
- LEAK PROOF SEAL: Joints made up with Forumlok using standard torque were tested with water pressures in excess of the listed burst pressure of the casing. The joint showed no leakage.
Customer Reviews 3 item(s)
- Want to know how much temperature that can melt the lock
We have been using this jelly lock on our mud motors in all our drilling applications in Nigeria but during servicing, the bakerlok needs to be melted so as to service the mud motor.
Uncontrolled heat application on the joint can aswell affect out material metallurgical structure and so we want to know how much temperature is needed to melt a typical bakerlocked connection.
- Multi uses
- I found this product is one of the best epoxy I ever found, it works on repairing crack blocks on boat engines, and it saves money and last five years, it fixes fuel tanks made of a types of metals, it also works on glass and the glass will break but bakerlok has to be ground, you can mix it hot for fast curing time.
- Great product
- Good price and always in stock, fast shipping. Highly recommended